Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have an Inglis Royal 100 wall oven. It is approximately

We have an Inglis Royal 100 wall oven. It is approximately 19 years old.It is a self cleaning oven. We cleaned the oven a couple of days ago and now the oven will not work. I checked the main wiring in, the breaker on the panel box and the fuses in the main line ,all appear to be ok. What can the problem be.
Don
My email [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so the oven stops heating after self clean (or even sometimes broiling) because there is a thermal fuse on the back of the oven that monitors if the oven gets too hot. Now the problem with these thermal fuses is that they are set at such a low tolerance that they will fail even when nothing is wrong if you run the unit through self clean since it gets so hot. You'll need to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back panel to access the thermal fuse you need to replace. To avoid the issue in the future, just turn the self clean time down to something like 2:30 instead of 3:30.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
This oven does not have a thermal fuse .