Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher (665.15979990) with a flashing

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher (665.15979990) with a flashing light on the No heat/lock pad. Cannot get machine to start.
Have tried suggested "reset" noted in installation paperwork. Have disconnected the power and it still won't reset.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So a flashing light on the no heat pad is actually an error code that your touchpad has shorted. Try to push and hold the No Heat button for 5 seconds to see if you can reset the problem. If not (which I am fairly certain you can't), the touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. You'll want to call Searspartsdirect.com with your model number and color of your appliance to make sure they get you the correct touchpad since they don't specify which part number you need for your model due to many color variations. The part is about $130 or so normally.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the quick response, I will attempt the reset suggestion you gave, but pretty sure I have tried that already.

Next step.... replacement part :(

Alright well I'm really sorry about the bad news, but that is generally the direction you must go to fix this problem. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!