Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY FRIGIDAIRE MODEL PHSC39EGSSO DOES NOT TURN ON ANYMORE

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have any signs of life on the refrigerator? Are there any lights inside the refrigerator or freezer when you open the door? What is showing on the display if the display is lighting up at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

only light on the freezer side

display is dead

OK so if the display is dead and the refrigerator side lights won't even turn on, you have a shorted main control board. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If it won't reset, then you need to order and replace the main control board which is mounted below the floor of the refrigerator. To access, open the refrigerator and freezer door and remove the vent panel below the doors at the bottom of the refrigerator. You'll see a grey or black plastic box with 1 screw toward the front under the refrigerator. Remove the screw and pull the plastic box out to expose the control board. Below is a link to the control board you need to order for your model number. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before servicing.

CLICK HERE
for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That's it, what if that is not the problem?

It will definitely be the problem since it's the only thing that would cause all the symptoms. Now could other things also be damaged because you had a power surge? Yes. But you won't know what to look at next until you replace the main control board and get the primary fault fixed.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That was it Tyler! Thanks Man

Not a problem at all. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I do have another appliance question, I have front loading Elecrolux dryer and the hinge is off such that I have to lift up on the door for it close properly. Not sure how to fix that?

You would need to actually replace the hinge to fix it permanently, but these hinges always get weak and bend down. You can also try to carefully lift up on the door hard enough to bend the hinge back up and then it will shut correctly as well.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That worked! You Rock dude, Thanks for your help.

no problem and glad I could help.