Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We were cleaning the top of the stove (Frigidaire 40" dual

We were cleaning the top of the stove (Frigidaire 40" dual fuel) around the burners - removed the controls and tops of burners -- one of the igniters is stuck in the on position and won't stop clicking. I have the gas lit and there is a flame. What can I do to get it to stop clicking?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you turn all the burners on, does the clicking stop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No the clicking does not stop if you turn them all on.

OK so it sounds like one of your spark switches got wet when you were cleaning the unit. You will need to unplug the the oven or turn the circuit breaker off to the oven for about 24 hours and allow it to dry out. Most of the time, that's all that's needed to get the unit back and working. If not, then one of the spark switches (the part behind the burner knob that tells the burner to spark) would need to be ordered and replaced because it has shorted out unfortunately.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the help. Will you email me our conversation so that I can follow up after the 24 hours?

I believe there is an E-mail sent to you with a link to come back here and read the conversation each time I respond to you. If not, then there will be an E-mail sent to you to get back and read the conversation in case you have follow-up questions after you rate me.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.