Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a GE Hydromatic washer. It fills..agitates..but will

I have a GE Hydromatic washer. It fills..agitates..but will not spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.Sorry you are having this problem even after replacing parts..First check the error code ..If there are no errors..Then your problem will most likely be in the fusible link or the lid switch.. The fusible link is just a thick piece of wire..Its is located under the black tape on the wire harness inside the cabinet at the front area.Normally white with a red stripe..
Doug also make sure you clear the code by lifting the lid at leas 15 times to be sure..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So I replaced the mode shifter for the experience..lol! Does that fuseable link only affect the SPIN...and if the unit tested ok in SPIN after I replaced the mode shifter...plus the inner tub and wash plate were now operating correctly..thats my dilema..also...if you dont clear the error codes...will the washer still think it has the spin problem..hence still be problematic

The fusible link could have gone bad after installing the parts..In other words since you installed the parts..Might be a new problem..I would first clear the codes by opening the lid..Then check the led on the motor control board for a new code....You might find a new error code..Most common on this model is a faulty motor..Blown fusible link..I have plenty of these washers in my shop..due to faulty motors.
CLICK HERE FOR FUSE.....Check it with a meter to make sure it is not blown..Thanks Bob
Looking back at your question..You are saying the washer agitates ..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes...according to my customer. He says it fills...and agitates..just wont go into spin..thats why I mentioned if the fusable link is just for the spin operation..or I suppose the Lid Switch could be intermermitent..is there a quick diagnostic test for this unit

In that case the lid switch would be the area to look into..Easiest way to test without cutting the leads to the switch is to use a pocket circuit tester..Set it on the wires and lift the lid up..The light on the tester will go on and off as you lift the lid...Otherwise you will need to cut the wires at the lid switch then put a mete on it.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry..I forgot to tell you thanks for your efforts..I hate how expensive it is to replace these motors...by the way..can you interchange the motors on these units

Not a problem Thanks....No there are certain series motors for each year unfortunately..Thanks Bob