Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My washing machine makes a terrible noise during the spin cycle.

My washing machine makes a terrible noise during the spin cycle. What is broken? Model MAV7600AWW

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does it sound like grinding noises or a banging type noise?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's more like a loud high pitched whining.

Robyn,
I worked for MAYTAG for many years and I know this machine very well, you have a bad tub bearing in the unit, they make a repair kit for this, not easy to install but it does come with installation instructions... You can order the kit by clicking on the blue link below..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need the whole kit or just the bearing? Is this something I should hire a repair person to do if I don't have much experience with appliance repair?

All the pieces in the kit all go in the same area and since they have to be removed to install the seal/bearing they need to be repaced also, I personally would have a company repair it unless you are very mechanically inclined, labor to install this is going to be about $130-$150...