Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool Washer SM(NNN) NNN-NNNNA wont hold water. I tested

My Whirlpool Washer SM(NNN) NNN-NNNNA won't hold water. I tested every cycle and the water drains as quickly as it fills. Please advise. Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is actually a very easy fix. The only thing that will create the effect you're experiencing is if the washer is siphoning the water out. This happens when the drain hose is not ran properly. You will need to pull the washer forward and ensure that the drain hose raises to the top of the washer before going down into the drain pipe. Next, make sure the drain hose only goes into the drain pipe no more than 8 inches or so. If the drain hose gets stuffed too far down the drain pipe, it will siphon the water out at the same time it's filling. To make sure that the drain hose doesn't fall out of the drain pipe or fall down too far into the drain pipe causing this scenario again, you'll want to zip tie the drain hose to one of the fill hoses.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!