Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

WFW9451XW available (COSTCO) @ $730; likewise electric dryer

WFW9451XW available (COSTCO) @ $730; likewise electric dryer WED9610DXW at same price. Good deal, or no? I hear bad news about bearings in the older Duet washers? I am replacing ancient (30 years plus) toploader and electric dryer, both repaired several times by myself (including rebuilding the timer switch on the washer). I'm getting old (82 next birthday) and have a very full time job (Water District General Manager) so no longer have time or inclination for lengthy tinkering .
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

That is a good price on those units and I would buy them if I were you. The bearings are good and should give you no problems as long as you do not overload them the machines should last at least a decade to possibly 15 years.most of all of the bearing failures are due to overloading and the wrong detergent.