Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jenn air french door refridgerator. It recently started

I have a jenn air french door refridgerator. It recently started not dispensing water while still making ice. I changed the water filter with no improvement. What cold be the problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model number is

JFC2089HES
OK perfect. So your filter isn't a problem or else it wouldn't make ice.

That being said, you need to pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel to access the electronic water valve which looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE to see valve

Disconnect the 2 water lines on the bottom of this valve and put a bowl with a towel in it under the valve. Push the water dispenser and if water fills up the bowl, you know you have a frozen line somewhere. If water won't dispense, then you need the valve.

If you have a frozen water line, usually it's the water reservoir behind the cripser drawers at the bottom of the refrigerator section. Use a hair dryer and thaw out the water tank. If that doesn't work, then you may need to unplug the unit for 24 hours and let everything thaw out on it's own because some of the water lines run through the walls.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked!

Thanks so much!
Awesome. I'm glad I could help today!