Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Kenmore Elite Front-Loading Automatic Washing machine

I have a Kenmore Elite Front-Loading Automatic Washing machine that starts its normal washing cycle, gives a “suds” message, then stops with an “F-35” error message. This stoppage at F-35 also occurs when the cycle is set on rinse and drain, spin and drain. We have unplugged the machine with each of these cycles to no avail.

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX and the Serial # XXXXX XXXXX The unit is about 5 yrs old.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The F35 is a water level switch error, that is why you keep getting a SUDS showing up, very easy to replace, if you remove the 3 screws from the top and slide the top off, it is located near the right rear top of the machine and has a small hose attached to it, you can order a new switch by clicking on the blue link below...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We ordered the new level switch, as advised, and installed it with no problems. Unfortunately, this $140 was wasted as the Kenmore front-loader washing machine is doing the same exact same thing - giving the "SUD" error message, and then stopping at an F35 error message. We will be calling out a Sears repair service.

Take the hose that you hooked to the switch and blow through it to the tub, to make sure there is nothing logged in the hose itself, then try it again.