Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

New D70BP (1 month) dehumidifier runs until humidity level

New D70BP (1 month) dehumidifier runs until humidity level is satisfied. Unit then shuts completely down, all displays go dark. The only way to liven it up is to unplug and plug back in. Am I missing a setting/adjustment so that it will automatically resume operation when required?

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Friedrich service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

Is this machine new to you? or you bought it new from store?

Jon :

Just checking model info and recall info now. please give me one minute. be right back. thank you.

Jon :

Hello There.

Jon :

I have the model info infront of me now.

Customer:

The machine is brand new.

Jon :

this machine has an update for the computer board for this exact problem. and the good new here is that if it is under a year old it will be covered under warranty.

Jon :

do you have original sale receipt?

Customer:

Yes

Jon :

if so, then I recommend calling friedrich directly to set up a service call to have them come out and either fix the machine and replace the computer or replace the machine altogether. either option will be free for you. so good news here.

Jon :

do you need Friedrich's number?

Customer:

It would save me trouble

Jon :

This is what seems to be a common problem with this model. Which is why they have come out with the updated board.

Jon :

you got it. i have it right here.

Jon :

Friedrich's customer service number is XXXXX

Jon :

Call that number and tell them you need to schedule a service appoitnment and they will take care of the rest. just be sure to tell them, if they don't ask, that the machine is under a month old.

Customer:

Thanks

John,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't give you any quick fix for this problem and for your machine today. Since the machine is so new and for the problem you are having, the recommended repair is changing the board. And since your machine is under warranty it is best if you just call Friedrich and have them repair or replace it for you.

If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.