Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The check vent/filter light keeps coming on and interrupting

The check vent/filter light keeps coming on and interrupting the drying cycle. I have cleaned the filter inside the machine and the filter hose coming out of the machine, it still is giving me issues. What do I do next?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you feel the air coming out of the vent when the machine is running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine won't even start up, just the beeping and light flashing

Thank you. There is an exhaust sensor that sends a signal to the control. The control then interprets the signal and determines if it is in range for normal operation. Either the sensor is out of range or the control is not interpreting the signal properly. You will need an electrical test meter to test the sensor. Also, Miele products are notoriously difficult to access and service. I do have the service manual for your machine to help, if you should want to attempt it, but I just wanted to make you aware of the level of difficulty. Would you like the manual to proceed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thank you Kelly, I think I will need a Miele tech to come out and check it all out for me. I don't want to do anything that is probably out of my scope.

Thanks for you help.

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you would like that manual, should you change your mind. I suspect that sensor will need to be replaced. Good luck with that repair. Have a great evening in spite of it!