Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Kenmore elite smooth top stove. After self cleaning the oven,

Kenmore elite smooth top stove. After self cleaning the oven, the stove top lock, stayed on, the oven works, but the lock light for cook top remains on.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look this up please.
Ok Lynn Thanks for that,

You will need to hit and hold the clock button for 5-10 seconds or until the cook top control unlocks. If this does not clear the problem then unfortunately the control board has been damaged during the self clean, this will need to be replaced.

Please feel free to get back to me if you need the part number for the control.

I would like to earn your highest rating Lynn, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.