Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

RF217ACWPSamsung Refrigerator theevaporatorcoilintherefriger

RF217ACWP Samsung Refrigerator the evaporator coil in the refrigerator has frozen up 3 times and I have taken the unit apart and cleaned the drain and melted the ice and it lasts a couple of weeks and then it happens again.

Rick :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you in fixing this unit

Rick :

There is a service bulletin by Samsung for this repair, give me one second and I will get it for you.

Rick :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Seal/DA8105707A/2683163?RCAID=1000116 This is the link to buy the seal kit

Rick :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Clip/DA6106796A/2683162?RCAID=1000116 This is the link for the clip

Rick :

If you have any other questions please let me know. This will repair your problem for you though.

Customer:

ThanksRick.....Iorderedtheseparts.DoyouknowifthereisanydiagnosiserrorcodesformymodelsoIcanfindoutifthedefrostelementisatfault?AlsowhenIwenttop

Customer:

PartsDirecttheyhadanewcover.Canyoufindoutifthereisaredesignonthecover.Anydiagnosticsyoucouldprovidewouldbeappreciated

Rick :

Tom I am not real sure if the clip comes on the new cover. I will see if I can get you a quick diagnostic cheat sheet.

Customer:

Rick, can you tell me what the Ohm reading should be for the heater element and if the insulation has been modified on the evaporator cover. I did find a possible leak on the door gasket also. Thanks. Can you find out if there are self diagnosis codes for this model also.I will compensate with a bonus. Thanks,Tom

Rick :

Attachment: 2013-09-18_141051_rf197ac_fast_track.pdf

Full Size Image
This is the self diagnostic information you are looking for, as far as a different type of insulation, I dont know nothing that stands out. Just most of the time the styrofoam gets ruined when they freeze up