Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag stove oven door is locked. There is no light indicating

My Maytag stove oven door is locked. There is no light indicating it is locked. The other day the lock indicator was flashing - I cancelled and it disappeared, now can't open. I have unplugged and plugged back in. I have started clean program and cancelled. I have started oven heating to cook and cancelled and still cannot open my stove oven door. Help
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be leaving for work just now - awaiting your answer later

okay, I will send a response and tell you how to get this open.
Okay luckily this has the lock assembly that's in the rear on the range. the lock assembly has failed. pull the range out and unplug it. remove the back panel and disconnect the rod running to the front of the range to the door. move the rod to unlock the door. you will need to replace the latch assembly to fix this issue. order here click that blue link to order. The lock motor has failed on the latch assembly. this will fix the issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan