Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

SUB ZERO FREEZER ICE CUBE MAKER CONTINUES TO RELEASE WATER

SUB ZERO FREEZER
ICE CUBE MAKER CONTINUES TO RELEASE WATER AFTER MAKING PERFECT ICE CUBES. THEN THE CUBES BEOME ONE FROZEN BATCH IN TEH BIN.

SERVICE MAN SAID THE ICE CUBE MAKE NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED. WHY? THE ICE CUBES ARE PERFECT - THE WTAER SHUTTING OFF IS THE ISSUE

HOW TO RESOLVE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

If the unit is overfilling the icemaker could very well be the issue. There is a microswitch in the icemaker that gets tripped when the cam is turning. It only is activated for about 5 secs then the cam releases the switch to shut power off to the fill valve. On some models there is an adjustment for the size of the cubes on the front of the icemaker it will be a screw indicating + or - to increase or decrease the size of the cubes, which in essence decreases or increases the fill time. That is behind the front white cover on the unit, which just pops off. Now if the valve is just closing very slowly and overfilling then the fill valve is defective. If that happens generally the unit just keeps filling and filling or is a slow steady leak into the icemaker mold.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ill check tonight

how to i check if slow steady leak

can you help me and get the correct model number for the valve and teh ioce maker. maybe ill order by myself.

david hauser

You need to advance the icemaker into a harvest cycle by rotating the gearing clockwise slowly until it starts. Then wait until the icemaker fills up and see if it is overfilling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THE QUOTE CAME BACK WITH THESE PART NUMBERS: PLEASE ADVISE IF THEY ARE CORRECT
REFRIG SEAL = 7010573
FREEZER SEAL = 7010574
ICE MAKE = 4200520
PLUG ADAPTER = 7015689
ARM ICE MAKER = 4202730
SHUTOFF ICE MAKER 4201460

Optional Information:
Brand: SUBZERO
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: 590
What have you tried so far?: ARE THE PART NUMBERS CORRECT

Yes those are correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKS

I ORDERED ALL NEW PARTS FROM THE USA DISRIBUTOR - IL NOW REPLACE MYSELF