Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have Bosch maxxclassic washer Not working...reading E2 Shall

Customer Question

Have Bosch maxxclassic washer
Not working...reading E2
Shall I get it serviced or replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The E2 means the load has become unbalanced during the cycle.

You can likely reset it by performing the following reset. Let me know what happens, please.

1. Close the door and make sure the dial is pointing to the "OFF" function.

2. Hold the Start/Pause button and turn the dial anti clockwise to the "Express 15 min" program at the same time.

3. Hold the Start/Pause button for a minute (The E2 message is meant to start flashing after a minute of holding the button down. However, that does not happen every time.)

4. Release the button and turn the dial back to the "Off" function.

5. Select any program and the message should not be appearing.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thankyou, you are a genius, it took one minute for me to follow your instructions and fix the problem.

Best money i have ever spent.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad you got it going!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got machine started and did full cycle without drum turning bat all

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you open the door and lift up on the tub, does it move up and down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No... I can manually turn it and slightly moves towards door and back but not up and down.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, but it will turn around smoothly by hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, correct.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Any new fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, codes not coming up. Now does cycle without drum turning at all

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is odd that the control is not "seeing" the drum not turning. Does the motor seem to be turning during the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No and the cycle does not complete now. It just stays on wash after about 20 minutes and does nothing. I cannot hear motor turning at any stage, just water functions.

The machine, I think, is about 5 years old.

Wonderring if you think it is time for a new machine or repairs?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I suspect the main electronic control is faulty and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank soooooooooooo much for your great service.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!