Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Hello: Am attempting to repair a Whirlpool GU2500XTPB6 dishwasher. The

Hello:
Am attempting to repair a Whirlpool GU2500XTPB6 dishwasher.
The front panel light (pots and pans) blinks continuously and the dishwasher will not run.
Removed the circuit board/control panel and could not find any obvious issues. Inspected the terminal ribbons and various wires which plug into the circuit board and did not observe any burned or loose wires.

Not certain what is preventing the machine from operating. Not the fuse, as the unit has power. The machine was operational on previous cycles. I discovered the issue the next day, after running a normal load.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks for that,

Can you tell me what color the cotrol panel is? white, black?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ummm...better yet.

Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Control panel/circuit board is white in a gray case

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok :) I was going to look up the part number, The blinking light is a error telling you the touch pad has a key or keys shorted, You can first try warming the keys up with a hair dryer and massage the keys to try to free the key up, if this does not work the control panel (part with the touch pad) will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you Mike.

I was confused by your question.

The circuit board is white....but the control panel (where the machine functions are pressed) is black.

Assuming this makes no difference in your answer.

Then, how challenging is it to replace the control panel?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Not challenging at all, Open the door, remove the screws around the inner liner behind the control panel, lift the control panel out, switch the latch and control board to the new control panel (few screws) then plug the ribbon wire into the control board.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.