Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Maytag Washer beeps when I push the power button

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you look at the model number again on a sticker under the lid or around the door, the number supplied did not come up on my system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay will look

MHWE450WW01

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Joe, can you give me a minute to look the model number up please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sure Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Joe do you see any error codes on the display when it beeps? like F1?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike it beeps when I push the start button but no lights or codes

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Joe sounds to me like there is a problem with the door lock, What I would do if I were there and what you will need to do is run the diagnostic program, this will tell you where the problem is and the corrective actions needed. Below I have included a link where you can download the tech sheet for this model, Use the instructions on page 6 to run the diagnostic program, This will give you a error code which you can then look up on the tech sheet. This will give you the problem and how to correct it.

Click here to download the tech sheet

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mike it shows C00 which implies lock - what does this mean since it does not do the diagnostic test

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Well C00 is the first test, if that fails then the lock is the problem, You would need to replace the lock as I suspected.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.