Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Maytag A512 washing machine, why wont it spin up in rinse

Maytag A512 washing machine, why won't it spin up in rinse or spin? Usually works after restarting the cycle once or twice, but will not on first attempt.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Does the machine just go appear to be dead when it reaches the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not quite, it still spins as if would in rinse mode, but it does not spin up to release the softener, and does not ramp up to dry the clothes or drain properly in spin mode

Ok Trevor can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds good, old model A512

Ok yes this is a very common problem, Basically what is happening here is the motor slide kit has worn and not keeping the tension on the belt during the spin cycle, Below I have included a link where you can buy the part, The part should come with full instructions on how to install.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

This part can be located right under the plate where the motor is sat on.

I would like to earn your highest rating Trevor, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was good help, I was curious if I might have to replace the motor itself. If that's the case it may be cheaper to get a new washer, but when it works, the old Maytag does a great job. Has there been any problems with the motor, that you know of?

No actually this was one of the first machines exact same problem that I ever fixed :) if the motor were bad it would stop completely. Replace the kit, you might want to check the belts also and replace them then you should be all set.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

Thanks!

Mike.