Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a ge model #jbp65gv3ad. The oven element burned up

I have a ge model #jbp65gv3ad. The oven element burned up it was like a fuse I finally turned off the breaker off. there were several big flashes before I shut the breaker off. I replaced the bottom oven element. the oven and the broiler still do not work. The next part I replaced was the thermostat. The oven and the broiler still don't work. The surface burners work fine. What can I check next?

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..when you say thermostat do you mean the circuit board ?

Customer:

no the sensor oven # XXXXX part is inside oven on the back just under the broiler

Randy 43 :

unfortunately those parts arent going to cause the issue , if the top works fine ,that insures that the power to the range is ok ..power to the elements goes thru the relays on the back of the circuit board,if the bake element shorted out really bad it would have taken out the relay on the board, you can double check the circuit board for bad connections , if you have a meter you can also check for 220 volts between any red and black wires on the relay on the circuit board but im pretty confident the board is fauilty if you changed those other parts already

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board WB27X10215      Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

ok ill try the circuit board. Is there only one board? If not what is the specific part name?

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board

RepairClinic Item # XXXXX

Electronic range control (T08). *Wiring could differ from original, will possibly need to be installed by an appliance repairperson.

Manufacturer Number WB27X10215

More

$150.80

Quantity:

In Stock

Randy 43 :

this would be the part reqd

Customer:

THANKYOU

Randy 43 :

no problem ,good luck