Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag bravos mct model mvwb759wq0 wont drain

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like you have something stuck in your drain pump or a bad pump. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will work on it after dinner.

Ok good luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By the way, I didn't get an error code at all so I assume the pump is ok and there is just an obstruction... hopefully

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I read online that there is a plastic screen under the wash plate and that a coin could be lodged in the screen. The wash plate can supposedly be removed by removing the nut on the hub. Is it worth a try to look here first?

There is not actually a plastic screen under the wash plate. I've never seen anything get clogged there except a sock. If there is a sock blocking the drain, then when you remove the drain pump, the water inside the tub wouldn't come rushing out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Flipped it up, attempted to clear any obstructions, but found none. uprighted it and tried to test it. It sounds like there is 'gravel' in the drain pump when it runs. This was the noise my wife reported earlier today. something is likely obstructing the pump impeller and it was seized by the time I got home and just humming. I will order a new pump and try to expedite shipping. A monkey could change out the pump with your directions and the video. Do you have a part number for the pump? The video wasn't my exact model so I want to make sure I order the correct part.

Sure thing. The pump number is XXXXX But it sounds like the pump should get you all up and running.