Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

ge fridge mod # XXXXX lost cold yesterday , now it working

ge fridge mod # XXXXX lost cold yesterday , now it working but no water and when i depress the water actuater , everything shuts off but the lights. also when i hit the actuater , the lights on the display board dim
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a very common issue with this GE refrigerator. There is only one part that can cause this problem and it's the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the unit. Then you can replace the control board behind it. The part is all plug and play and the part number you need to order is WR55X10942 and the part costs about $150 or so. There is no way to get around replacing the control board in order to correct this problem I'm sorry to say.