Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

i have a microwave hood combination. after plugging it in all

i have a microwave hood combination. after plugging it in all the unit does is beep when i push the buttons. but it doesnt do anything else. no fans no lights

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The display is also blacked out?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the display is showing ":". it asks for cook time; tells me step1, step2, and step3 almost like it believes I'm in a manual cook mode. even when i first plug in the unit and press a (any) button

after the xs in the model number there should be 2 or 3 more charcters that are missing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sorry mh1170xsq-0

Is there any one button that does not beep when you press them?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no they all beep. the number pad and the popcorn buttons only beep once. the other buttons beep multiple times when pressed.

You have a shorted out keypad it seems like, you can order a replacement for your unit by clicking on the blue link below, Color may not be the same as the original though, but otherwise identical..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

not actual picture..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory