Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher Model JDB1100AWS, that isnt cleaning

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher Model JDB1100AWS, that isn't cleaning the dish's, I just ran it sitting next to it, it seams that the blades arn't turning. I've opened the door as it's running and they are moving and no water is coming out of them? the water in the bottom is hot but no washing is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look the model number up please.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chad,

Do you hear the wash motor running when the unit is supposed to be washing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it sounds like the a motor running
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Chad you have one of a couple of things going on here, either the wash system has a blockage in the sump or is more likely the impeller has been damaged. You will need to take the lower rack out, then remove the lower spray head and filter out, next remove the impeller assembly, check for blockages, clear anything you may find, If this fails to clear the problem replace the impeller.

Below I have included a link where you can purchase the new part if needed.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what about the other two spray arms, I guess they wouldn't be working if it's has a blockage?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If there was a blockage in the sump or the impeller was damaged none of the spray arms would be getting the correct pressure.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.