Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE gas range. Stove top igniters all clicking but no burners

GE gas range. Stove top igniters all clicking but no burners will light.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you look closely at the spark tip on the burner that you're trying to light, do you see a spark coming from that spark tip each time it clicks?

Also, can you light the burner with a grill lighter or match to confirm that it's getting gas?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doc- I'll get back with you on this. Van just lost power on road, need to get a tow truck. Anyways- if we see sparks coming from igniters and all are going straight up (not sparking sideways or anything) and we can light burners with a lighter/match what would be next step? I was under the impression a spark module would be bad only if all four top igniters wouldn't ignite but not sure.

I'm really sorry to hear about the van situation, but hope that doesn't cause you too much trouble today.

So here are the options overall. If you don't actually see a spark on the burners but you hear them clicking, you would need to replace the spark module.

If all the burner still spark but you can't light the burners with a match/lighter because no gas is coming through, you'd want to confirm that gas is getting to the stove from your house and if so, replace the regulator valve which is the part that your gas line from your house connects to directly on the stove.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oven bake and broil are wworking

OK understood so that means that the oven is definitely getting gas which leaves only a bad spark module or a bad gas regulator on the oven.