Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Maytag Performa Dryer is suddenly turning all my white clothes

My Maytag Performa Dryer is suddenly turning all my white clothes gray, and the door looks sooty too?????? HELP
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is probably on the inside of the door.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Do the clothes seem to be very hot and taking a long time to dry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, nothing posted in your reply. If you remove the lint filter and shine a light down into the filter housing (number 6), is it full of lint?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please just call me?(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I am sorry, we are only allowed to communicate through this forum. All other communication is strictly prohibited.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Hubby took the front off and cleaned all and every bit of lint, the clothes are drying fine and un the usual time.

Okay, so air flow is not an issue. If you look at the back of the dryer, is the back free of lint as well and plenty of air flow for the air to enter in through the vents on the back of the cabinet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, so if all air flow is good, including air intake and exhaust, and the unit is still sooting, the air to fuel ratio with the valve is incorrect. Since the air is not the issue, that leaves the fuel. Are you on LP or NG? Has the dryer been working well and this just started happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

LP and just figured out what was graying my clothes, may have been a month

Okay, and was the dryer fine before that with no issues and running on the same fuel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, nothing is new and nothing has changed

OKay, one last question, please. Are the other gas appliances in the home working well? I am sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I give you the most accurate information I possible can, taking all factors into consideration.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your patience. Considering all factors and information, you have a faulty gas valve assembly or a burner tube issue. The tube is easily inspected for damage (number 4). If it shows no damage, the valve assembly will need to be replaced. Both parts are available at the link below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!