Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

lg fridge mod # XXXXX display locked up and evap fan

lg fridge mod # XXXXX display locked up and evap fan stopped .unplugged fridge and plugged back in and it reset. is this a board problem and if so ,is it the main board ot the relay board
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the display locked up, that wouldn't have anything to do with the relay board. Now if the display went completely blank, that could be the relay board or the display board, it's really impossible to know. I'm glad that unplugging the fridge reset the electronics, but as you are probably aware--there is no way to know if the problem will return or not. So if the display board was still showing signs of power but you couldn't change anything, you'd want to replace the display control board to be sure that the problem doesn't come back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got a part # XXXXX that board

Yes of course. The part number is XXXXX