Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a five years old kitchenaid dishwasher that leaves water

Customer Question

I have a five years old kitchenaid dishwasher that leaves water the in the bottom
sometimes. I have replaced the drain pump and checked the drain hose for
blockage but I still have the same problem of sometimes water is left in the bottom
on when the cycle is done. If just press rinse only it never leaves water in the bottom
but any wash cycle it can happen . I have no garbage disposal .
Model KUDT03STSS3
mickcap
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Are you able to pull the dishwasher out to reach the left side of the tub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! If you can pull it out, you will see the hose below mounted on the side of the tub. The area where the hose is attached to the tub narrows in several places (arrowed red) and commonly traps things and causes intermittent draining. Can you get a look at those areas of that hose and see if there is anything in those areas, please? Let me know what you see.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I check that all out and found nothing, remember that if I press ( rinse only )

it drains every time ,could it be the electronic control board

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It could be but not likely. It would have to be stopping the cycle prior to draining and for it to be intermittently doing so is very unlikely. Is there a high loop in the drain as the picture below shows?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes ,as high as I can put it . I checked out the hose again and its clear.

when the water is in the bottom, the wash cycle goes to the end and dries, with all of the lights on telling you the wash is over , it looks ok but theres water sometime in the bottom

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, since the pump is new and the hose is clear and positioned correctly, the control may be a bit confused and not energizing the drain pump as it should. It would not be real common, but one of the last things it could be. I have linked you to the part from a company that will allow returns on installed parts. This will allow you to try a new control at no risk, you can return it for a refund if the problem persists.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could there be a difference is the temperature of the water between a (Rinse Only cycle) and a (Wash Cycle )that uses hot water , that would affect the check valve in the drain hose and or the sump check valve

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, that wouldn't affect the drain. I would guess that you verified that the sump area is clean and not filled with food debris, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I check it all ,clean it all out, then I pulled out the check valve to see if it was damage , it was ok

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You have done well checking all things that could be causing the issue. I believe the control would be the next logical step because we have eliminated all other potential causes.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I gave appliance parts pros the same question and they said check the

plumbing if ok buy a drain hose, I bought a hose .So far the last two days were ok but we will wait and see . I will tell you how it goes .

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If that is the case, there was something in the hose as I initially suggested. You stated that nothing was in the hose. The hoses are clear so you can see if anything is in there. I am glad it is now working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do not count your chickens before they are hatched

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is it not draining well again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kelly after four day and a new drain hose I got water in the bottom of the dishwasher and I get it out by running the (rinse only) cycle. So maybe
it's the board all long . mickcap

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would suspect that is the case.If you order that board through the link I provided, you can try it for a year with no risk!