Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

on digital # XXXXX refrig side I am getting a flashing 4 and unit

on digital # XXXXX refrig side I am getting a flashing 4 and unit is not cooling.model#ffsh2611lw1
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry # XXXXX XXXXX

Ok was just about to have you check it rick :)

Give me a minute

Thanks
How is the temp in both the fridge and freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Freezer is good, frig is so so

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how we doing

Ok yes if the temp in the fridge is not where it should be then this is a error telling you that the fridge temp is not right, Can you open the freezer door, look in the rear at the lower panel, need to know if you see frost on the lower panel inside the freezer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you mean the lower vent where the fan is, there is no frost on it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you mean the lower vent where the fan is, there is no frost on it. I just noticed food is not as frozen as should be in freezer. Some getting soft.

Ok then this means there is a problem with the entire unit, can you tell me if you hear the fan running that is behind that panel inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is running

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

compressor is hot and fan is running

Ok can you listen to the area of the compressor, Do you hear a clicking noise every few minutes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no clicking noise

Ok Rick from everything you have told me the control board located inside the control panel has developed a fault and will need to be replaced.

To do this take the screws out from under the control, drop the panel down, you will now have access to replace the control. This will only involve swapping wires from the old to new control boards.

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this the digital unit inside frig and the part is 130.00. Is it worth replacing.

Yes it is, if the fridge is under 10 years old and in good shape then absolutely it's worth repairing, a new unit would cost around $800 and up

If not in good condition and you would rather replace it then yes you should replace the unit.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

its Rick with frigidaire frig. I received control unit and noticed 3 hex head

screws holding housing up. Do you know size of hex head?

They are actually torx head screws, Sorry was on my service calls. Not sure what size they are but you can buy a cheap set at home depot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

ok thanks rick