Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Jenn-Air 6 burner cook top that when I blow out the flame of

Jenn-Air 6 burner cook top that when I blow out the flame of the right front burner it won't come back on like the other ones do. It starts fine. What could be the cause of this?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! That unit uses what is called a Flame Rectification System. The moisture in the flame completes a path to ground from the igniter tip to send a message to the spark module to reinitiate spark. When the flame goes out, the message to the spark module should initiate. Since it is not, either the igniter is already grounded or the module is faulty. If the igniter was grounded where it should not be, it would not ignite when you turn the burner on. So, I suspect the module is faulty. The correct module for your model is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!