Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Kitchenaide range KESA907PSS00 with an error message

I have a Kitchenaide range KESA907PSS00 with an error message AM70-VI-EEKEO-068
above that 06. the off button does not seem to respond?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

This is not a typical error code for this unit, you dont see a F0 E3 or similar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, yesterday, the control panel got pushed frequently, after reading through our manual, I saw that it should reset itself, however, it did not respond well after that. We have turned the breaker off and it seems to function well, except it will not turn off, the button does not respond. I've had no prior symptons.

Ok can you give me a minute to look the model number up please, sounds like you are maybe looking at the software version for that control.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

absolutely, I'll be here. Thank you

Ok sonya, I have just looked up the tech sheet for this model and there is no diagnostic program and this is not a error code for this unit, The only thing I can assume from that is that the control board has fried and will need to be replaced.

Try pulling the plug for 8 hours then plugging the unit back in, if this reset does not clear this problem the control board would need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike, my unit is hard wired, will flipping the breaker be the same as unplugging the unit?

Yes Sonya absolutely, Flip the breaker for 8 hours then turn it back on, hopefully that will clear the problem.

Thanks!

Mike.

It was a pleasure helping you Sonya, Thanks for the positive rating, please feel free to come back if you have any additional questions.