Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I am trying to remove the doors from my ge café French door

I am trying to remove the doors from my ge café French door bottom freezer . I need to know how to disconnect the water lines . I have removed the cover and the clips , how do I get the lines off?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CFSP5RKBC SS

Ok thanks Robert, can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.

Ok Robert, this unit does not show where the water line comes into the door, Since it is a French door I would imagine the connector for the water line would be under the hinge cover at the top of the unit.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the connections are under the door. do I just pull them out ?

Oh ok it didn't show that on the schematic, yep push down on the fitting while you pull on the water line, it should pop out, That is a quick connect fitting the lines are hooked up to.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does the white part come out or just the hose ?

Just the hose, Some times you will have to get a screw driver to pull the water line out of the quick connect because they can be a little rough to get out but if you push the collar down and pull the line at the same time you should not have too much trouble.

Thanks!

Mike.