Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

microwave/light,vent/ how to get to it

microwave/light,vent/ how to
get to it
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more? I'm not sure what you're trying to access exactly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The control for these four have gone back into the appliance so that they cannot be used. We cannot find any way to get the cover off so that perhaps it can be fixed. We especially need the light and that button went first! Then the vent buttons have disappeared into the machine. Does the plate covering these four buttons come off? Help. The machine is barely three years old!

OK so to remove the control panel to get to the buttons, you'll need to first remove the vent panel above the door. First, unplug the microwave. There are some screws coming in from the top of the vent panel that you need to unscrew and then open the door and pull the vent panel off. That will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove this screws and the control panel will pull up and off. Now you can access the buttons from behind the control panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Until we have tried we don't know if the expert fully understands my question.

What happens when we get into the panel? can we order new parts? not having a light is really a problem!

So hopefully something just came unclipped and you can clip the buttons back in place. If not, then you can order parts from the link below if you wanted.