Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Magic Chef gas stove. Its a 1969-70 model I dont

I have a Magic Chef gas stove. It's a 1969-70 model I don't know the # XXXXX it has 4 gas jets, oven and a broiler as well as a door which houses my pots and pans.

The question I have is: Can I reconfigure this stove and remove the exhaust pipe to become self sustaining gas stove without the exhaust pipe.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Which exaust pipe do you mean? the one over the top of the stove?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it goes into the side wall and comes down into the back of the stove

I cant really tell what model this is without the model number, what I can tell you is that if the unit has a built in vent then it has to be vented to the outside somehow, If not you risk carbon monoxide poisoning. The newer stoves are made differently so that you don't need to vent them but in this case you would need to leave the vent on or change the vent so that it will still vent to the outside.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Janice,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,