Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch Double oven HBN3550UC/08 is showing an Error code

My Bosch Double oven HBN3550UC/08 is showing an Error code of E1 18. I have been informed that the fan needs to be replaced, and i have also been informed that the interface needs to be replaced. Which is it? I tried turning off the breaker for 5 mins then back on but no good. The light and the fan and the heating element do not come on... any ideas?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So E118 has nothing to do with a communication error on this particular model. Error 118 means that your cooling fan on the back of the oven is no longer running up to speed so the oven will not work until you replace the fan motor. Below is a link to the cooling fan motor you'll need to order and replace for your model. Unfortunately the entire oven will need to be pulled out in order to remove the back panel and replace this part.

CLICK HERE for cooling fan motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the cooling fan not running up to speed a result of detaching the oven from the old cabinets and then reinstalling it in new cabinets? or is it related to the surge in power it must have gotten going from 30amps to 40 amps. or just a coincidence that it malfunctioned at the same time as my kitchen remodel?

Hmm, that's really hard to say. The cabinets shouldn't have anything to do with the fan speed unless something is torquing the frame now possibly bending the back panel not allowing enough air through the vent in the oven. Also changing from 30-40 amps wouldn't matter one bit as far as a surge goes. It's likely just a coincidence or possibly the jostling of moving the appliance around would be my guess.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow. i guess that it must just have been the moving of the appliance.

Another question that i have is that in my Bosch French Door refrigerator model# XXXXX SS the ice maker has not worked for many months any ideas on how to fix or what might be wrong? The water dispenser and the light work fine.

Thanks so much for all of your help

Unfortunately you would need to start a different question for the refrigerator I'm afraid. We are experts on certain appliances, but the Bosch french door units I am not familiar with.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replaced the cooling fan but am still getting the E1 18 code...

ick. So is the cooling fan actually running? The sensor is built into the fan itself. You'll want to make sure nothing is pushing on the back panel when you push the oven in because that might restrict the flow.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not put the oven back in. But the code is still coming up. The light won't come on either.
Um that's really odd. The light not coming on sounds like a door lock issue if it thinks the door isn't going into the correct location. I would return the circulation motor and order the door lock assembly maybe if the light isn't working inside the oven.