Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

lid lock does not allow machine to start

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Why do you think that the lid lock is the problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

had this problem since shortly after machine was installed fixed it by twisting lid so that lever stuck through top futher

OK perfect. So if the latch is just not sensing properly there really is no way to bypass this lid switch since it expects to lock, unlock, and re-lock in the beginning of the cycle to verify it's working properly. If that function isn't performed within a split second, you get an error. The lid switch itself would need to be replaced since it's not sensing properly and if this washer is less than a year old, call warranty and they'll replace it at no charge. If it's over a year old then below is a link to the latch assembly.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not a problem. Have a great day!