Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE side-by-side refrigator which is around 14 years

I have a GE side-by-side refrigator which is around 14 years old, never a problem with it until now, ice maker and front door water and ice. A few days ago it seem to be dripping water into the drain area in front, then a day or so later it was a constant small stream of water i tried to adjust the button for the water and ice just to make sure that the water was not on or suppose to come out, I use it mainly for ice this did not help so I defrosted the whole refrigator and freezer for about 4 hours thinking maybe some line was frozen but it is still running out in a small stream. I turned the water off from the wall behind the refrigator and that is the way it is now, I am unable to use the water or ice maker. Any suggestions ?
Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi Delores, Can you give me the exact model number from the sticker inside the fridge, Either this or it will be around the aperture down by the hinge.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the sticker says both numbersTFX25KR and TFX22KR

on the orginal paper work it says Ro1 213-748 TFX25KRCWW 25 CU FT SXS

Thanks Delores, can you give me a moment to look that model number up please.
What has basically happened here is calcium has built up inside the fill valve causing the valve not to shut fully, this is allowing water to seep into the water system causing your problem. Unfortunately Delores the valve is not serviceable so it will need to be replaced.

To do this pull the unit away from the wall and take the lower panel out at the rear. You will see the valve behind this panel. At this point it will just be a question of a screw and swapping water lines and wires from old to new valve.

Below I have included a link where you can purchase the replacement part :)

To order your replacement part >>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.