Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

we have a maytag fridge model MBB1956GEW the freezer keep freezing

we have a maytag fridge model MBB1956GEW the freezer keep freezing on the bottom
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

When you say freezing at the bottom do you mean you are seeing a sheet of ice on the floor of the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Denis thanks.

The problem here is the defrost drain is blocked, In order to fix this problem remove the shelfs/drawer from the freezer, Next remove the lower panel in the rear. Behind this panel you will see the evaporator (looks like a car radiator) below this you will see the defrost drain pan.

Use a hair dryer to melt the ice you will see in the drain pan. Mop the water up you will then see the defrost drain. Pour hot water into the drain pan, leave the water for a few minutes then mop it up, Repeat this several times until you see the water drain away.

At this point you will be all set and can button the unit back up :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)