Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have to replace the thermistor on my amana model AFI2538

I have to replace the thermistor on my amana model AFI2538 AEB4 refridgerator. The part number is XXXXX Where is it located and how do I replace it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the thermistor is actually located up above the light fixture assembly inside the refrigerator. You'll need to pull the light cover off, unscrew the light bulbs, and remove the screws going into the cover. Then just pry the cover off if it's still clipped in with a putty knife and above that plastic frame holding the lights is the thermistor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are all the wire connection under the light fixture? Or do I have to connect the wires somewhere else?

All the wire connections are under the light fixture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I have it out. It looks like I have to cut the wires and splice in the new one. Is that correct or do i try and connect it into the wiring white box? John

yes, you will need to splice the wires in on the thermistor unfortunately. They run through the frame and down to the board but there is no connection in between.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I will give it a try. I have spliced it in. I did not pay any attention to which wire was spliced to which wire. Is there a reason that I should have made sure which wire was spliced to each? John

No it doesn't matter which wire connects to which wire. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!