Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

For a gas stove in a home I am selling, an inspector detected

For a gas stove in a home I am selling, an inspector detected a slight carbon monoxide leak and the stove's temperature reached 180 outside the oven door. He thinks the seal needs replacing. His detector was hand held at the door level. The burners are fine. Also, he said the stove needs to be vented outside and that the microwave was too close to the stove's top at 17.5 inches.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

The home inspector is off his rocker,, I have never seen a home stove vented to the outside. As for the microwave, the recommended height is 18 inches or more, but not mandatory.. as for the carbon monoxide, he could have had a slight reading at the oven door, the 180 degree reading does tell me that the door gasket should be replaced... Is there anything else you would like to know.????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think you have covered it. Even my online research confirmed what you have said. Is it difficult to replace the seal?

No they are easy to replace, normally about 20 to 60 minutes depending how they are installed...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory