Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi Mike, I have a GE refrigerator model GSH25SGRB that over

Hi Mike, I have a GE refrigerator model GSH25SGRB that over the past week, cools everything in the lower drawers but, not the top - Today - it's not cooling at all - even the freezer, the ice cream is soup. I've unplugged, plugged back in and reset the temps...Is there any hope for this one?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you pull the unit out from the wall, remove the lower panel in the rear. Once the panel is off you will see the compressor, feel the compressor, need to know if it feels hot or room temp, also need to know if the fan beside the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

o.k. standby...

ok thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whew, Compressor is hotter than room temp, but I can still hold my hand on it, no fan is running, that I can hear

the fan beside the compressor is not running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got a visual this time, no it is not

Ok Craig, in this case you will need to disconnect the fan, Hook up a volt meter set to dc and check the wire harness for voltage, If you read 12v then the fan motor is bad and will need to be replaced. If you don't read 12v dc then the control board is bad, this will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will do that, thank you - If the control board turns out to be the culprit, is it better to replace or buy a new refrigerator? Thank you again, you've helped a lot! -Craig

If it turns out to be the control board Craig it would be allot cheaper to replace the board, located behind the metal panel in the rear.

Click here to order the board

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Craig,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it did thanks!

Great Thanks!