Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

we have a kenmore 790 gas range , the oven will not heat up

we have a kenmore 790 gas range , the oven will not heat up to temperature , the glow plug glows nice and bright , we have already installed a new pressure regulator and it still dont work , help please
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
okay do you know if the flame is actually lighting ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no flame in the oven at all

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no flame in oven at all

okay and you haven't replaced the igniter is that correct ? even though it glows bright its most likely not drawing enough amps to open the valve. but you haven't replaced it or have you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have not replaced the ignitor as of yet .

that's what you need to replace, Unfortunately its not drawing the amps its needs to open the valve. A lot of people think because they see it glow (even bright) that the igniter cant be the issue but what that does is it opens the safety valve when it draws so many amps so whether it glows or not makes no difference heres a link to order it if you wish,