Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Maytag Gemini double- freestanding oven. Over -the

I have a Maytag Gemini double- freestanding oven. Over -the weekend, I used the self cleaning cycle. At the end of the cleaning cycle I opened the upper door. Now the lock/latch is extended out and will not return to it's place and my oven door will not close. What can I do to fix this?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit? THis hsould be located on a tag that you can flip up behind the control panel...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I could not find a model number. "Gemini" is all that I see.

If you feel behind the control panel , you will find a tag that flips up..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model #MET8775XS00

Serial #D12660766

THank you,

Okay do this, open the upper oven door, you will see a button on the frame of the door opening, hold this button in and do not let go, start a self clean cycle on the oven while holding this button in, wait about 1 minute after starting the cycle, then cancel it, still keep holding the button in, hopefully will will see the lock rotate to the oepn position within a minute of canceling the self clean, let me know what happens...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try it! I tried something like this this morning and it did not work. I did not let it go for a minute though.

I will let you know.

Did the lock move at all when you tried to start the clean cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It did. It is fixed. Thank you!

Your welcome

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory