Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Whirlpool dish washer purchased in 4/2008. Yeasterday

I have a Whirlpool dish washer purchased in 4/2008. Yeasterday worked fine. Today with I press the select buttons of how I want the dishes washed (heavy, pots and pans, normal) they all light up. However, the start button when pressed does not light up and nothing happens. I unpluged the dishwasher for about 30 minutes then pluged it back up and there is not change. It is MOD: DU930PWSQ0 Type: 280-2. Is this something I can do and is it worth fixing. As all people now a days we have a very tight budget.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Cheryl, can you tell me what color the control panel is? white or black?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sure but I cannot get past the sign in on your system. It states that I have an account and sent me a new password XXXXX it keeps rejecting it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure, you would need to contact customer service regarding that.

In the mean time maybe you can tell me what color the control panel is? black or white :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is white.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that Cheryl.

The problem here is the start button has shorted on the control panel, This means the control panel will need to be replaced. To do this open the door then take out the screws around the inner liner behind the control. Lift the control out, You would then need to swap the control board and latch from the old panel to the new.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.