Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Electric range smooth top left front and left rear burners

Electric range smooth top left front and left rear burners will not come on right side works fine
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So by far the most likely culprit on this model is going to be the burner switches. They just tend to fail over time and stop sending power to the elements. The other possibility is that you have 2 bad burners, but that isn't common at all. You'll need to pull the oven forward and remove the screws into the back access panel on the back of the control panel. Remove this panel to expose the burner switches. You'll need a multimeter to test power between terminals labeled H1 and H2 on the back of the left two burner switches. Turn the burner on and if you don't have 240 volts between H2 and H1, you need to replace the switch. If you do get 240 volts, then you need to replace the burner.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there only one terminal for both switches?

Each switch will have an H1 and H2 terminal on it. Nothing relates the two switches together except a broken wire. So unless you see a broken wire--you have two failed parts.