Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn-Air JSD2789GES side by side. The ice maker keeps

I have a Jenn-Air JSD2789GES side by side. The ice maker keeps freezing up. If I defrost with hot water it runs perfectly for about a day and a half before it freezes up again. Temperature seems to be ok. The ice builds up in the area where ice cubes fall out into the chute that leads to the door dispenser
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if you see ice building up in the ice chute, that means that your door dispenser flap isn't sealing up properly and the dispenser flap kit will need to be ordered and replaced to solve this problem. Below is a link to the dispenser flap kit which comes with a solenoid and door flap inside the dispenser since it's been redesigned. You will need to order and replace this part and then you should be good to go again. Be sure to look and see how the spring is positioned because when you install the new one, the spring is not intuitive as to how to install it.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thx! I actually replaced that door flap about a year ago (the whole door dispenser was not working) after going on to this site and getting advice. The door dispenser works great now though. Should I uninstall it and try again..perhaps I didn't do it correctly? I hate to order another kit and just do it wrong again if there is nothing wrong with the kit I have on there.

You can try to re-install it if you like yes, but the problem is that it's definitely not sealing up for some reason.

Customer: replied 3 years ago. more question. Is there somewhere I could get the instructions for that kit online? I think they got thrown out long ago with the old kit. I appreciate your help

Unfortunately it appears that Maytag did not upload these instructions to the tech website like they normally do for some of their parts. So wouldn't know where you could get instructions.