Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore washer that will not spin.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the washer still drain even though it won't spin?

Also, can you re-send the model with a space between each number so that I can see it?  The website is blocking the model because it looks too much like a phone number so all I can see is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it will drain

110- 29822 801

OK turn the washer back to wash. Often times on this washer when it stops spinning, it will stop agitating as well. Can you tell me for certain if it is still agitating or not?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it wont agitate I checked the coupler underneath the washer and I could get it to turn. Coupler seemed to be OK . Couldnt figure out how to take the cabinet out to get to pump .

OK well if the washer still drains, then you either have a broken coupler or a bad transmission. Nothing else would stop it from agitating and spinning. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to take the washer apart so that you can check and make sure the coupler is OK.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are there end caps on this model? If so How do you get them off. Never seen one like this one.

Yes, but you don't remove the end caps on this unit. There are metal spring clips under the control panel on the right and left side. You need to slide a putty knife under the control panel on the right and left side to push back on the springs so that the control panel will release and fold up and back.