Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a 2 door ref, Model MF 12568AEW, Ser 10281977JL The

I have a 2 door ref, Model MF 12568AEW, Ser 10281977JL
The door which contains the water, Ice, temperature panel has been disabled. The numbers kept blinking, the door makes a funny, repeated sound. Of course, the refrig light and temperature are not working, except the freezer.
What could be wrong? I unplugged the refri and replugged but the sound and the blinking light problem still on.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Please give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams for your model.

You need to replace the high voltage board around behind the refrigerator under the smaller cover up on the back wall. I recommend you leave the ice maker off, empty the ice bin and turn the water supply off to the unit just in case it decides to do something unexpected and of at all possible disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet to keep from damaging other parts.

I have not included a part number for this model on purpose. Do not order this part online. Only order this part in person and take your model number along with the serial number to get the main control board. Make the clerk aware that this may be a model in a series that was made in which the model number could be 2 different boards and to use the serial number to double check you are getting the correct part.

Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the board to program the board with the code on your model and serial sticker inside the refrigerator. The numbers of the code will be right after the word code.

To change the board remove the 4 hex screws holding the high voltage cover on or the snap on cover whichever yours has.

Remove the plastic lid by prying it out from the right side of the box.

Disconnect the harness connections from the board.

Unclip the board from the retainers.

Be sure to return wires to the wire slots on the panel bottom of the control box.

Reverse to reassemble.
That will take care of the problem. If you have any questions at all about anything please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me, a single rating is very important.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think a regular person can do this? or do I need to hire an electrician to repair the problem. Any technician or firm thatyou recommend?

What you should do is go ahead and get the part. Follow the instructions for obtaining that part and then after you have it installed give me a shout. I think most people could do it. There is a little programming to do at the display after it is installed and I will help you do that. As far as changing the part I believe that you can.

May I have your zip code to search for a qualified person to help you in case you need it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for showing me how to install the HVB. I did the work with help from a friend.

The problem I have now is the refrig is not cool, although I already turned up th2 temp to coldest, and to 34 F. In addition to that , the ice machine does not make ice cube, and the water flow has been in small amount.

I need your expertise again

I look forward to hearing from you

Hey There, after you installed the board what happened?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After installing the board and programing the code, the digital read out panel works well. But the refrig is not cool as expected.

Understood, there in the freezer make sure that fan is operating... then if that is working go around behind the refrigerator and down low where the panel is remove that. Is that fan operating as well?