Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my washer washing cycles is off. what can I do to fix it

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a full model number so that I can better assist you? The model is located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges.

Also, can you explain what you mean by the cycles are off? What happens when you try to start the washer from the beginning on a normal cycle exactly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mvwc6esww-ww1642. when I turn the knob to casual cycle instead of filling with water, it sounds like it draining the water out or spinning. I have tried normal cycle as well, the same thing. the only cycle that works is the hand wash cycle.

Can you look to see if it's actually agitating instead of filling? or do you actually see the tub spinning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is spraying water and agitating.

OK perfect. This is a common failure for this model washer and unfortunately there is no way to "reset" the issue. The pressure sensor switch inside the control panel has failed and it's agitating to early instead of holding off until the tub is full of water. Below is a link to the pressure sensor switch you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!